Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Can you believe...

... that Christmast is next weekend!?
... that the New Year is only two weeks away!?
... that Greg and I only have 10 more weeks until we finally get to meet our Little Pumpkin!?
CRAZY!!! :)
*Disclaimer: Speaking of crazy, please ignore my hair... this pic was taken very early.

30 Weeks

How far along30 weeks (last Friday)

Total weight gain: Not sure what the weight prognosis will be, but i will be sure to update you after my appointment this thursday the 15th and then again on the 27th because if you remember i am now going to the doc twice a month, which means we are getting oh so close to meeting our LP! :) So, look for that update around week 32.

Maternity clothes: Of course! And cozier than ever! :)

Feeling: Pretty good :) mainly the same to report. I can definitley tell this baby is getting big and doing so fast because I've noticed I get drained of energy pretty quick these days and seem to run out of breath just as fast. So, a bit tired and run down, but good :)

Sleep: Lately, I've been doing much better on the comfort level when its time for bed. I've noticed that I have been sleeping a lot harder and longer, before I have to get up to pee at night due to the usual and inevitable lack of bladder space. And I've noticed a lot more cat napping on the weekends too, which is awesome and okay by me. I have a feeling it has something to do with this baby getting bigger and bigger ;)

Food cravings or aversions: Nothing crazy or new, just the usual, but hot ham and cheese sandwhiches or Chipotle burritos seem to really be tripping my trigger lately, along with the DELICIOUS decaf Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks... Tis the season!

Apointment update: Well, if you remember December kicks off the start of my appointments being every 2 wks instead of 4wks, which means that I am going twice a month now instead of just once. So, I have my BIG GLUCOSE test to check for gestational diabetes this Thursday, December 15th and then I go back on the 28th for my second December appointment, so keep your fingers crossed and say your prayers that my sugars look good and my body is doing what its supposed to :) And I will be sure to keep you posted :)

Movement: Non-stop! Our Little Pumpkin is getting bigger and stronger everyday. And we have noticed a definite personality :) Everyday Greg and I get to feel all sorts of dips, flips, and rolls. Oh and I've had several people tell me "oh your carrying high" or "nope your carrying low"... well let me just say I think im carrying all over! I cant tell a difference and LP is certainly EVERYWHERE! He or she does not stay snuggled in one place in there, he or she is either bouncing everywhere or all stretched out... either way I feel something high at the same time im feeling something low, same goes for side to side. Our Little Pumpkin is keeping us on our toes :) and We cant wait to meet him or her!

Gender: Nope, but February is just around the corner... EEEEKKK! :)

Labor Signs: None... thank goodnes! Let's keep it that way til February :)

What I miss: Same... Being able to bend over easily and not running out of breath, I'll admit neither are as easy as they used to be. LP is getting bigger and my lung and bladder capacities are only getting smaller and my wonderful hubby, Greg :), helps me every morning to put my shoes and socks on... thanks sugar! But as usual, it's all for a great cause :)

What I'm nervous about: After going to a few prenatal classes, let me tell you, delivery day is getting me even more nervous... ugh! But thats normal right!?

What I'm looking forward to: Almost done with the nursery :) We've put together our glider/rocker with ottoman, the crib, the dresser, and some storage units in the closet. Now we just have to  put up the wall decorations, curtains, and figure out baby bedding... I am frequently changing my mind on the bedding, but either way its good to have more than one option because it will have to be washed eventually, right :) And yes, pictures to come once we have it all done :)

Milestones and new this week: According to The Bump.com at 30 weeks LP is the size of a squash! Measuring at 15.2 to 16.7 in. and weighing in at 2.5- to 3.8 lbs... he or she is getting bigger! LP's skin is getting smoother, but his or her brain is getting wrinklier, which makes way for all that essential brain tissue... Go Smarty! It's almost your birthday! And he or she is now strong enough to grasp a finger! We cant wait to meet you Little Pumpkin! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome!! :) The next 9-10 weeks will go so fast! Have a Merry Christmas :)

jeltzroth said...

I love hearing about soon to be mom's stories. I remember not too long ago I was feeling the same things. Delivery is definitely the most exciting/painful thing you will ever experience. Seeing the child you created overwhelms you with a love you cannot describe! We are not planning on having any more children so I need to relive the birthing moments through others. :)