Okay, now to move on to pregnancy news. First of all, my apologizes for the lack of updates lately. Things got a little busy with the holidays, but also I dont think I am changing all that much from week to week lately, so i've only been posting every two weeks (at 26 weeks and now 28 weeks). I dont know if i'll stick to this schedule or the orignial weekly post on Fridays. Either way I will be sure to keep you guys in the loop :) And now, 28 weeks...
28 weeks
How far along: 28 weeks (last Friday)
Total weight gain: As promised, I went to my monthly OB appointment on the 21st of November and needless to say I was nervous to get weighed after the "October Growth Spurt of 2011", but I bit the bullet and stepped on that scale to find... I only gained TWO POUNDS!!! YAY!!! :) Shew! Glad to be back on a normal weight gain track and feeling great :) So, according to my doctor and the chart below, I have gained a total of 12.6 lbs and couldn't be happier about it :) My goal from here on out is to keep watching my intake to sustain a healthy weight gain, but still enjoy all of the delicious holiday food :)
July = 0 lbs gained
August = 0 lbs gained
September = 4 lbs gained
October = 6.4 lbs gained (SAY WHAT!?)
November = 2 lbs gained
Maternity clothes: Everything! Pants = yes, Shirts = yes, Pajamas = yes (not something you think about til your cozy pj's just dont fit anymore), All of the other Misc items = yes :)... And while I've heard that a lot of people dont enjoy maternity clothes, I LOVE THEM! Especially the jeans that i have... They are so comfortable and I love the look of them :) YAY for stylish maternity clothes!
Feeling: Good :) mainly the same to report - a little tired and run down, but good :) I run out of breath pretty quickly these days and my belly button is doing some crazy things these days. First of all it is tight and stretched to the max. Also, I normally have a severe "inny" and cant see the bottom (as weird as that may sound its true), but as of the 28 week marker I can definitely see the bottom. In fact, its pretty up close and personal AND by the end of this pregnancy im guessing it might start to resemble more of an "outy".
Sleep: Same... :( I just can't seem to get comfortable, achey, pillow issues, and the inevitable lack of bladder space and having to pee several times a night. Pillow count is the same at three - 2 regular and a large Boppy body pillow.
Food cravings or aversions: Same... nothing crazy or new, just the usual for both sides of the spectrum and as always LOVING the frozen cokes when we go to the movies and of course the frequented and DELICIOUS decaf Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks... Tis the season!
Apointment update: Sugars and proteins look good = CHECK, blood pressure normal = CHECK, weight gain right on track = CHECK, heart beat of beautiful LP via doppler looks great/sounds great = CHECK! Also, December kicks off the start of my appointments being every 2 wks instead of 4wks, which means that I am going twice a month now instead of just once AND that also means we are getting even closer to delivery day!!! YAY! Oh and on a sidenote, I go in for the BIG GLUCOSE test to check for gestational diabetes December 15th, so I will keep you posted :)
Movement: Non-stop! Our Little Pumpkin is getting stronger everyday and even more of a personality :) Everyday Greg and I get to feel all sorts of dips, flips, and rolls. We cant wait to meet our LP and I'm pretty sure he or she is a jokester afer our own hearts :) We love it!
Gender: Sorry, won't know til February :)
Labor Signs: None... thank goodnes!
What I miss: Being able to bend over easily and not running out of breath, I'll admit neither are as easy as they used to be. LP is getting bigger and my lung and bladder capacities are only getting smaller, but all for a great cause :)
What I'm nervous about: Nothing new, but delivery day gets me a little nervous.
What I'm looking forward to: Finishing the nursery :) Things are really starting to take shape. We've already put together our glider/rocker with ottoman and the crib. We are going to purchase the dresser soon and then its just curtains and a few wall decorations from there :) No worries, pictures to come once we have it all done :) and looking forward to meeting our Little Pumpkin :)
Milestones and new this week: According to The Bump.com at 28 weeks LP is still the size of an eggplant, measuring at 13.6 - 14.8 in. and weighing in at 1.5 - 2.5 lbs. LP's lungs have formed and are mature enough that, if born right now, he or she would have a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). LP's skin is still pretty wrinkly, but will smooth out as fat continues to deposit and he or she gains weight. :) We cant wait to meet you LP!

No comments:
Post a Comment