Friday, November 11, 2011

Registries, Birth Planners, and 26 Weeks... Check! Check! and Check!

To say that we have been busy, is a bit of an understatement. Sometimes it feels like our checklist to get ready for our Little Pumpkin is endless, but the great thing is that most of the stuff on our checklist has been and is FUN! The major event we partook in a few weeks ago was registering for the baby at Babies R Us and Target. While it was a lot of fun :) the one word that would adequately describe that Saturday would be OVERWHELMING! There is SO MUCH stuff to think about, look at, and choose from... I love having options, but sometimes it hindered our decision making skills. All in all though it was an awesome Saturday and got us really excited to receive and use the items we registered for... Yay babies! :)
The second big thing on our list was scheduling an appointment with the birth planner service at Parkview North Hospital. This is a free service, which we would recommend to everyone. Your birth planner helps you pre-register, gives a tour of the hospital birthing center, helps you sign up for prenatal classes, etc... So amazing and helpful! We meet with our planner on Monday :). We'll keep you posted on how it went :).

And finally the third big thing this week is that the there are only 98 days left in this pregnancy! Which can only mean one thing - we are 26 weeks pregnant! My apologies in advance for the blurry pictures - greg had to get to work early so I was left to my own devices :) Enjoy!
26 weeks

How far along: 26 weeks today (Friday)

Total weight gainIm currently not sure and lets be honest I dont really look at a scale until my doctor visits each month. Mainly because I forget to, but I figure i'll find out one way or the other. And besides I've been watching my portions and intake and I feel good, so I think Im doing okay :)
Below is the running tally so far, but I will update with my November weight gain after my appointment on the 21st, so stay tuned...
            July = 0 lbs gained
            August = 0 lbs gained
            September = 4 lbs gained
            October = 6.4 lbs gained (SAY WHAT!?)
            November =

Maternity clothes: Same verdict... Pants = yes, Shirts = yes but depends on style/cut, Misc = probably :) and the new thing i've noticed... my winter coat is a bit snug in the mid section, WHO KNEW!? that was an article of clothing I completely forgot about. But im going to try my hand at being crafty and sew another button on at the width I need - we'll see what happens :)

Feeling: Good :) a lot of the same to report - a little tired and run down, but good :) Oh but my belly is SOOO itchy! I know its because of all the stretching to accomodate our Little Pumpkin, but no amount of lotion seems to remedy the magnificant expanding belly :) Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Sleep: Not so hot these days :( I dont think I'm really even that big yet, but I just can't seem to get comfortable... it's alwasys one thing or the other - I'm achey, the pillows arent fluffy enough, their too fluffly, I have to pee, Greg your feet are touching me... I love you sugar, sorry :) You get the picture, but currently my pillow count is up to three - 2 regular and a large Boppy body pillow.

Food cravings or aversions: Again, nothing crazy or new, just the usual for both sides of the spectrum. But as always LOVING the  frozen cokes when we go to the movies and of course the occassional or lets me honest the frequented DELICIOUS decaf Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks... Tis the season!

Apointment update: Nothing to report since the last appointment, but I will be sure to update everyone when I go back on the 21st.

Movement: Lots of it! Our Little Pumpkin is only getting stronger and more of a personality :) entertaining us with all sorts of dips, flips, and rolls. And the great part is that Greg has been able to feel several really BIG thumps here and there, but I swear as soon as I mention that LP is moving a lot and he should come over to feel... its like "someone" decides to play "Red Light Green Light" because as soon as Greg put his hand there, nothing, LP freezes! then when he takes it away, its one crazy dance party in there... LP you are a jokester afer our own hearts :) We love it!

Gender: Sorry, won't know til February :)

Labor Signs: None... thank goodnes!

What I miss: Being able to bend over easily, I'll admit its not as easy as it used to be. Oh and I miss having an adult size bladder. Im pretty sure I pee every 30 minutes or so, if not more depending on my fluid intake... GEESH!

What I'm nervous about: Nothing new, but delivery day gets me a little nervous

What I'm looking forward to: Finishing the nursery :) Things are really starting to take shape. We've already put together our glider/rocker with ottoman and the crib. We are going to purchase the dresser soon and then its just curtains and a few wall decorations from there :) No worries, pictures to come once we have it all done :) oh and of course looking forward to meeting our Little Pumpkin :)

Milestones and new this week: According to The Bump.com at 26 weeks LP is now the size of an eggplant, measuring at 13.6 - 14.8 in. and weighing in at 1.5 - 2.5 lbs. LP's eyes are forming and will soon start to open. His or her eyelashes are now grown. LP's immune system is getting ready for life on the outside by soaking up my antibodies. And he or she is taking breaths, too! Granted it is of amniotic fluid and not air, but it's still good practice. :) We cant wait to meet you LP!

No comments: