Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween and 24 weeks!

Can you believe that October is almost over!? Where in the world did this month go... Im not complaining, but WOW its already November :) which is technically one month closer to Christmas, so I cant be too upset... YAY for the holidays! Anyway, on to pregnancy news...

24 weeks

How far along: 24 weeks today (Friday)

Total weight gain: Here is a little re-cap of my weight gain at each monthly appointment...
                                July = 0 lbs gained
                                August = 0 lbs gained
                                September = 4 lbs gained
                                October = 6.4 lbs gained (SAY WHAT!?)

Thats what I said to my doctor anyway as my mouth dropped open :( Yikes! Well she said it was nothing to worry about just yet and that she wasnt worried at all since I hadnt gained anything in prior appointments. She stressed that it was most likely my "growth spurt" and that all women have one in there pregnancy and she's thinking this is mine. I sure hope so, but WOW what a growth spurt!

Maternity clothes: Pants = yes, Shirts = mostly but varies on style/cut of top, Misc = probably :)

Feeling: Good :) a little tired and run down every once in awhile, but im not complaining

Sleep: LOVE IT! wish I could have more of it :) I can definitely tell when I've gotten 8 hours or not

Food cravings or aversions: The usual for both sides of the spectrum, but I have been intensely craving frozen cokes when we go to the movies lately... YUM!

Apointment update: This past Monday the doctor said LP sounded great via the doppler :) And that I just need to watch those "growth spurts"  ;) Other than that we are cooking right along!

Movement: Lots of it! Our Little Pumpkin is doing all sorts of dips, flips, and rolls. Just when I think I know where he or she is going to thump one, they end up completely on the other side... CRAZY! but so wonderful :)

Gender: Dont know yet :)

Labor Signs: None... thank goodnes!

What I miss: Nothing that I can really think of... maybe caffeine, but honestly decaf tastes just as good, so I dont really feel all that deprived :)

What I'm nervous about: Nothing new, but delivery day gets me a little nervous

What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery all put together :) We've already bought and put together our glider/rocker with ottoman. We also have the crib, but are currently working on putting it together... pictures to come once we have the rest of our furniture and theme for the room figured out... oh and of course looking forward to meeting our Little Pumpkin :)

Milestones and new this week: at 24 weeks LP is still a papaya, but he/she is starting to pack on the baby fat so the skin is becoming more opaque. And because of the formation of small capallaries his/her newly thick skin is starting to take on a fresh pink glow.

Everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You are too cute, Emma! Do you have any intuition what you're having besides your boy dream last week? I don't have a strong feeling for you either way, but am leaning more towards boy. I can't wait to know!